The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is a prestigious professional designation for finance and investment analysts. The examination is conducted once a year every June for Level 2 & 3 exams and twice a year in June and December for Level 1 exams and is facilitated simultaneously worldwide by the CFA INSTITUTE.
The rapid growth in the investment and financial worlds has spurred the need to create a standard which investors and employers to rely when dealing with investment and financial professionals. The need for this standard has stimulated the growth in the number of CFA participants since the CFA program is known for its high standards for course content, integrity, and professionalism.
CFA standards are recognised internationally. There are many MBA programs and business schools, but there is only one CFA designation. Some of the organizations that employ CFA Charter holders are investment and management companies, consulting companies, investment bankers, insurance, pension funds, banks and other financial institutions.
The demand for CFA Charter holders is significantly high; in contrast, there are only 100 CFA Charter holders in Indonesia. There are a number of multinational companies that require at least CFA Level 1 as a prerequisite for employment for certain professions.
The development of the CFA Program has been exponential – There are currently 82,000 CFA Charterholders worldwide.In the United States, the CFA charter has earned its prestige on the strength of its practical approach and thorough testing on the subject areas covered. Administered for the first time in 1963, the CFA designation is awarded by the CFA INSTITUE,and given to the professionals that fulfill these requirements:
- Passed three exam levels (6 hours per exam) on a consecutive basis and within a minimum of three years.
- A minimum work experience of four years in the field of investment decision-making.
- Adherence to the CFA INSTITUTE Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
As the first university in Indonesia to have an ISO-9001 Certification, BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL employs and implements consistent policies and quality targets. As proof of its commitment to develop the CFA charter in Indonesia, BINUS holds the CFApreparation program on all levels (Levels 1, 2, and 3) with over 4,000 participants attending the program since 2002.
Why attend the BINUS Financial Analyst Academy – CFA Preparation Program ?
- BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Executive Education has been the Market Leader since 2002
- BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Executive Education is the only provider for Levels 1, 2 and 3 of the CFA Preparation Program in Indonesia
- The program is taught by CFA Charterholders and faculty members experienced in their area
CFA designation holders know that intensive preparation is the only way to successfully pass the CFA examinations .Worldwide passing rates for Level 1, 2, and 3 for June 2008 were 35%, 46% and 53% respectively. In comparison, passing rates in Indonesia are much lower. It is undeniable that a firm grasp of Level 1 concepts will help the candidate prevail on the examination.
Introduction to CFA Class
To help candidates that have non-business background, we will hold an introduction for CFA class for 1 day on January 13 th, 2017 from 08.15 am – 05.30 pm (4 sessions). This module is used to give and build some background for candidates in order to adapt with the material.
CFA Level 1 Batch 33
There are 2 classes for your choice:
|Intro||13 January 2018||13 January 2018|
|Date||22 January – 18 May 2018||20 January – 19 May 2018|
|Day||Mon – Wed – Fri||Saturday|
|Time||06.30 pm – 09.35 pm||08.45 am – 05.35 pm|
CFA Level 2 Batch 18
Weekend Class only
|Training schedule||10 Februari – 19 May 2018|
|Time||08.45 am – 05.35 pm|
CFA Level 3 Batch 14
Weekend Class only
|Training schedule||10 Februari – 12 May 2018|
|Time||08.45 am – 05.35 pm|
|Introduction to CFA||Rp1.800.000|
|CFA Level 1 Training Program||Rp11.300.000|
|CFA Level 1 Training Program + Introduction to CFA||Rp12.300.000|
|CFA Level 2 Training Program (52 sessions)||Rp9.200.000|
|CFA Level 3 Training Program (46 sessions)||Rp6.900.000|
|*Prices are using the old price. The possibility of classes in August will apply the new piece. If there is already a new price will immediately updated* 5% less for CFA Level 1 payment before TBA or 15% less for **BINUSIAN (please submit your copy of BINUSIAN Card). The tuition covers the entire material, handout, lunch/dinner, coffee break and certificate of attendance.**BINUSIAN : Student / BINUS Alumnae S1, S2, S3 Program and Executive Education program|
- Early Bird Discount 5% off, by 20 December 2017.
- BINUSIAN Disc 15% off (student and alumnae S1, S2, S3 Program and Executive Education)
- Corporate Rate is available
- Course Fee is nett
- Payment no later than one week before the training program begins.
- Withdrawal or delay in joining the training program no later than 3 days before the training begins with an administration payment of Rp. 100.000.
- No refund for participants who withdraw after the training program begins.
- Participants who have registered cannot be replaced with other participants.
Promo installment 0% for Credit Card:
- BCA : 3 installment
- CIMB Niaga : 6 installment
- BNI : 9 installment
Staff Members from Professionals and Academicians :
- Christofer Wibisono, MA, CFA – Director, Wijaya Wisesa Group
- Ferdinand Sadeli, MAF, CFA, CPA, FRM, CFOS – CFO, Sinarmas Land
- Ferry Wong, MBA, CFA, FRM, CFOS – Head of Research, Citigroup
- Michael Hadipranoto, CFA, CFP – VP, Ernst & Young
- Pintaro Mulia, CFA, CFOS – Vice President, Avenue Asia
- Rahman Untung, Ak, MBA, CFA – Head of Investment, Panin Life
- Ricky Ichsan, CFA, FRM, CFP, ERMCP, CFOS – Managing Director, One Excellence Advisory
- Ruben Kurniawan, CFA, FRM, CAIA (NISP Sekuritas)
- Santoso Himawan, CFA, FRM – Finance Director, Spectra Alam Sejahtera
- Sugeng Purwanto, PhD , FRM – Independent Director, PT Garuda Food Putra Putri Jaya
- Suryadi Ong, CFA – Treasury, Citibank
- Triono Soedirdjo, CFA – Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Yusuf Ade Winoto, CFA, FRM – Head of Research, OSK Sekuritas
Introduction to CFA Class
Participants who have non-business back grounds are offered an Introduction to CFA Class for one day which comprises of four sessions.CFA Level 1 Preparation Details (15 weeks)
|Ethics and Basic Investment Tools (Quantitative Analysis and Economics)||17 sessions|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis and corporate Finance||17 sessions|
|Asset Valuation and Portfolio Management||20 sessions|
|Review Class + Mock Exam & Explanatory||11 sessions|
CFA Level 2 and 3 Preparation
Level 2 preparation emphasizes on Asset Valuation and Level 3 concentrates on Portfolio Management For participants who seek a better understanding of Asset Valuation or Portfolio Management only, they can directly enroll in either Level 2 or 3 without taking the international exam. Prerequisites in taking the CFA Exam
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field. In line of a bachelor’s degree (S1), the candidate should have at least four (4) years of relevant working experience.
- Submission of a duly accomplished registration form to the CFA INSTITUTE along with the exam fee
- Consent to conform with the CFA INSTITUTE Code of Ethics and Standard of Professional Conduct.
|Topic Area||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Ethical and Professional Standards||15%||10 – 15%||10 – 15%|
|Quantitative Methods||12%||5 – 10%||0%|
|Economics||10%||5 – 10%||5 – 15%|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||20%||15-20%||0%|
|Corporate Finance||7%||5 – 15%||0%|
|Equity Investments||10%||15-25%||5 – 15%|
|Fixed Income||10%||10 – 20%||10 – 20%|
|Derivatives||5%||5 – 15%||5 – 15%|
|Alternative Investments||4%||5 – 10%||5 – 15%|
|Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning||7%||5 – 10%||40-55%|
Note : These weights (updated July 2014) are intended to guide the curriculum and exam development processes. Actual exam weights may vary slightly from year to year. Please note that some topics are combined for testing purposes.
- CFA Candidates
- Anyone who wants to improve his/her knowledge of Investment and Finance, including practitioners, professionals, faculty members, and students.
Congratulations to our participants that success to be CFA Charterholders :
- Bambang Suryanto
- David Fernando Audy
- John Marco Rasjid
- Markus Kasim
- Neda Tanaga
- Nico Sukamto
- Sari Sutopo
- Suganda Wihardjo
- Wike Apriyanto Jufri
- Willy Fu
- Herman Koeswanto
- I Putu Bayu Wisnawa Putra
- Indra A. Suradji
- Peter Paulus Sutedja
- Prisca Angelina Tedja
- Rinaldi Lukita Handaya
- Santoso Himawan
- Tjandra Irawan
The CFA INSTITUTE does not endorse, promote, review, or warrant the accuracy or quality of BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Executive Education or providing CFA Exam preparation materials or programs, nor does the CFA INSTITUTE verify pass rates or exam results claimed by such organizations. CFA and Chartered Financial Analyst are registered trademarks owned by CFAINSTITUTE. BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Executive Education is not affiliated with the CFA INSTITUTE and/or its subsidiaries
Contact: +62 21 720 3333, ext. 3164 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the brochure here.
Download the registration form here.
- Tengku Mohd. Khairal Abdullah, Ph.D
Published at : Updated